print this page

Deposit Account Resource Center

How may we help you?

Has a debit card transaction posted to your account that you have not authorized?

Before the bank can assist, VISA requires the consumer to attempt to resolve the issue with the merchant. When contacting the merchant, the consumer should record the date, the time and the content of the conversation. If the merchant cannot resolve the problem, the consumer should bring all material to the Bank, so the Bank can process the dispute quickly and efficiently.

Disputed Debit Card Transactions

Has an electronic transaction posted to your account that you have not authorized?

If an electronic transaction has posted to your account that you did not authorize, contact your local branch and provide them as many details possible. This includes but is not limited to different posting dates, revoked authorizations, payments not authorized by account owner or amount other than the amount authorized.

Do you need to place a stop payment on a check or an electronic transaction?

You can use e-Banking to place a Stop Payment on checks you have issued. Contact our Data Center 860-928-7921 x115 to provide them with detailed information if you need to place a Stop Payment on an electronic transaction. Refer to our Fee Schedule for the current Stop Payment fee.

Have you moved and would like to process a change of address?

Just complete, print and mail this online form.

The Citizens National Bank
PO Box 6002
Putnam, CT  06260

Do you need copies of past statements or items posted to your account?

The Bank has the ability to provide account research on past statements and items posted on your account. Refer to our Fee Schedule for the current account research fee.

Has your account been inactive for more than one year?

To prevent an account from becoming Dormant and being escheated to the State of Connecticut, at least one transaction should be processed to the account annually. Go to State of Connecticut escheated property.

Has your ATM or Debit Card been lost or stolen?

Notify Citizens National Bank immediately by calling 860-928-7921 x115 Monday – Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (EST). We will stop the use of your card and order you a new one. On weekday evenings, weekends and holidays, call Lost & Stolen Card Center at 1-866-546-8273 for immediate action.

Have you misplaced your Savings Passbook?

If your passbook is lost, the accont must be closed. All authorized signers will be required to sign a lost passbook affidavit. Please contact your local branch to close the account and open another in its place.

Has your personal information been compromised?

If you’re a victim of Identity Theft:

    • Call the ID Theft Clearinghouse toll free at 1-877-438-4338 to report the theft.
    • Place a Fraud Alert on your file at all three agencies.
    • Contact the fraud departments of each of the credit agencies:
  • Contact The Citizens National Bank at 860-928-7921 and your credit card companies immediately to stop access to your accounts.
  • Stop payment on fraudulent transactions or stolen checks.
  • File a police report with your local police department or the police in the community in which the identity theft occurred.
  • Report all suspicious contacts to The Federal Trade Commission or 1-877-IDTHEFT

If any one of your accounts has been compromised, please don’t hesitate to contact  your local branch for assistance 860-928-7921.

How can I prevent overdrafts on my account?

We encourage all account holders to properly manage their account to prevent overdrafts.  This includes maintaining a transaction register, recording all transactions, and balancing your account on a monthly basis.  We also offer services to cover overdrafts such as Automatic Transfer Service and Overdraft Protection, in addition to Bounce Protection.

Was your ATM or debit card captured at an ATM not owned by The Citizens National Bank?

Please contact the financial institution that operates the ATM in which your card was captured.  If they are unable to return the card to you, you must contact your local branch to have the card deactivated and to order a new one.  Please note a replacement fee may apply.

How do I re-pin my ATM or debit card?

Present your debit card or ATM card to any CNB branch to have it re-pinned with a PIN of your choosing.  You may be required to present proper identification to process your request.

Has a paper draft transaction posted to your account that you have not authorized?

Please contact any CNB office to complete an Affidavit of Unauthorized Paper Draft.

What should I do if I lose a Cashier’s Check issued by The Citizens National Bank?

Stop payments can be placed on a Citizen’s National Bank Cashier’s Check only in the event that the check was lost, stolen, or destroyed.  An Affidavit of Loss must be completed, and the consumer will receive credit of said item within ninety days.

What should I do if my signature was forged on a check?

Contact your local branch to file an Affidavit of Forgery.  You may be requested to report the incident to the local authorities.

How do I get my Social Security benefits direct deposited?

CNB has the ability of submitting your request to the Social Security Administration Office on your behalf.  This action will require your signature; please come to any CNB office to complete the necessary document.

How can I pay my business taxes?

The EFTPS Program allows businesses to pay their taxes electronically, online or over the phone.  To sign up or receive more information go to the EFTPS website.  CNB also offers same-day tax payments.  All requests must be received prior to 12:30 PM to be processed that day, and will be subject to an expedited wire fee.

How can I get a duplicate - 1098 or 1099?

Contact any CNB office 860-928-7921 ext. 115 to receive a duplicate 1098 and/or 1099 form.

How can I have my mail forwarded when I “snowbird?”

CNB offers seasonal addresses.  Customers can conveniently have their statements and any other bank correspondence sent directly to them at their secondary residence free of charge.  Contact any office to establish a seasonal address.

Top of Page